Use of Tools:
Calibrated Speed Square
- Our Speed Square allows you to make sure that your rough cut is
square. Simply place the square in the corners and make sure that both
sides of the square are touching the opening, to be sure you have made
an accurate cut line or cut. Speed Squares can also be used to draw
accurate level lines.
12 ft. Power Lock Tape measure
- Installation tool necessity, measure accurately not only your cut but
also height of pet for proper placement height of your pet door.
1/4" diameter Drill Bit
- After drawing out the cut on your door, use this bit to drill holes
into each corner of the drawn cut-out. These 4 holes allow you to
insert the blade of the Jigsaw easily to start your cut. Having holes
drilled in each of the 4 corners allow you to easily cut the corners
out of your drawn template.
- For situations where you have gap between the exterior frame of the
pet door and the door itself, common on doors that have panel designs.
The Backer Rod is soft and pliable, allowing your to tear of pieces to
fill any gaps, which can then be sealed with the included Silicone
2.7 oz. Superflex Silicone Adhesive
- Silicone is commonly used to seal around the exterior sides of the
pet door frame to create a water tight barrier. Apply the caulk around
the perimeter of your door frame and smooth out with your finger for
nice finished look.